Getting your home ready for the home inspection is due diligence on the seller’s end. Some people think it’s a tough job, but it’s easy. Here at Xtra Mile Home Inspection Services, LLC, we’ve listed seven home inspection tips on preparing for the home inspection:
1. Clean The House – not necessarily deep cleaning, but a well-cleaned home leaves a good impression on whoever walks into your home. Clean up the exterior as well. Most homeowners overlook the thought that Nashua NH home inspectors are people first and inspectors second. A clean house shows how much you take care of it. Get rid of the thought that the inspector will see past ‘stuff’ because most won’t.
2. Before The Scheduled Time Is ‘On-time’ – Be prepared for the inspector 15-30 minutes before the appointment. Make sure that your house is ready for the inspector to begin the inspection.
3. Give Access To All Areas – a home inspection is a non-invasive visual examination, but it doesn’t mean our home inspectors are just looking around. The home inspector will operate the appliances, test the electrical system and plumbing, looking for any issues, leaks, etc. Ensure everything is on and operational, or the inspector might have to reschedule the inspection, delaying the inspection report, which could ultimately delay the sale.
4. Remove Any Clutter Or Blockages – The inspector will need at least three to four feet of working space to inspect items such as the furnace, air conditioner, electrical panel, and water heater. Make sure to remove boxes, bookcases, shelves, or furniture that might be blocking the space.
5. Provide Easy Access To Every Room – This includes the attic, basement, and crawlspace. Be sure the path is clear for the inspector to inspect these areas and other house rooms. Secure valuables and possibly move items away from the walls at least two feet.
6. Leave Keys For Exterior Building Access – label the keys for the inspector to use and put them on the kitchen table.
7. Provide Documentation Of Repairs Or Renovations – Whether you installed a brand new AC system or had a plumbing system fixed, you must provide documents for all the remodeling or repairs done to your home. This way, the buyer will feel more confident with your house, knowing that these items were inspected and that you are transparent.
A comprehensive Buyer’s inspection report can make or break the sale of your home. When considering putting your home on the market, it is a good idea to have your own home inspections Nashua NH conducted. As a seller, you want to present the best side of your home to buyers, so knowing of any issues, fixing them before the first buyer arrives is a good thing. It is best to have the home inspection tips as your guide.
At Xtra Mile Home Inspection Services, LLC, we are your Home Buying and Selling Advocate. Are you planning to sell your property in the Southern New Hampshire area? We Can Help!
Give us a call today at (603) 263-4775 or click here to schedule your appointment online.
What’s The Xtra Mile Home Inspection Services, LLC Difference?
Comprehensive, Professional, Excellent Home Inspections all around Southern NH from Nashua to Concord, Keene to Portsmouth. We provide certified home inspection services to the New Hampshire Communities! We help to keep you safe and protect you from costly repairs. Call us today to see the Xtra Mile Home Inspection Services, LLC difference for yourself!
Buying a home should be a memorable journey, not one that leaves you kicking out of frustration. So, let us help you, and our Licensed Southern NH home inspectors will take the stress out of your home purchase! We guarantee comprehensive reports, professional service, and excellence at all times. As a trusted New Hampshire home inspection firm, our company’s reputation is built on honesty, integrity, and professionalism towards buyers, sellers, agents, and all clients that we serve. For your New Hampshire home inspection, call us, and we’ll give you the Peace Of Mind you highly deserve.